The nurses at Manchester Vet Centre are an integral part of the team. Many people are unaware of what a vet nurse does, as they spend much of their time behind the scenes. But did you know that nurses can be anything from dentists, midwives, radiographers, anaesthetists, phlebotomists to first aiders, lab technicians, insurance advisors and much, much more. One very important role the nurses play at Manchester Vet Centre is to offer nurse clinics for your pet. Our nurses have a wealth of information and advice about animal health and well-being, so we want you to benefit. Call us now on 0161 320 4438 to book.
- Puppy Clinics – welcoming a new puppy to your family can be an exciting time, but also an overwhelming one. Often on your first trip to the vet, there will be a lot of information to digest. We, therefore, invite you back for monthly appointments with our nurse to cover important aspects of puppy care including, socialisation, nutrition, preventative health care and neutering.
- Kitten Clinics – kittens are little bundles of joy and whilst our vet will cover the important basics in your first appointment – a playful kitten can sometimes steal the show. Our nurses can offer regular clinics whilst your kitten is still young to discuss important issues such as behaviour, neutering and preventative flea and worm treatment. And bringing your kitten into the practice regularly is a great way to get them more comfortable with a trip to the vets.
- Weight Clinics – Just like us, your pets can sometimes start to gain a few extra pounds. At Manchester Vet Centre we are committed to fighting the pet bulge, and understand that education is the key. Our nurses can help you to understand everything to do with pet weight, from why they gain weight and what a body condition score is, to helpful advice and tips on how you can maintain your pets ideal weight.
- Weigh, Worm and Flea – Just the thought of fleas, ticks and worms leaves most owners feeling itchy and squirmy. But with parasites on the rise and a whole host of treatment options available our nurses can help find the best strategy for you and your family. At each appointment, the nurse will also check your pet’s weight to ensure we are using the most suitable product for the weight of your pet.
- General Nurse Clinics – our nurses offer a range of other services including nail trims, rabbit checks and expressing anal glands to name just a few.